Sunday 11 May 2014

WFRP: A more beautiful Altdorf

Today I stumbled across a post at Strike-to-Stun that showcased another take at Altdorf. It is the user gyldernstern that has started work on a map with a different look than the iAltdorf map I produce.

Click here to see the post!

Click here to see an example of the map.

I think this looks fantastic! It is an inspiration to me that gyldernstern finds use of my map. And I completely agree with his analysis of my creation. I scattered buildings on a whim and they don't really give a realistic impression of the city. Too much needless detail.

So the style he has adopted seems superior to me. It shows the blocks and inner courtyards which leaves a lot of leeway for the Game Master to place locations. I have sometimes been hindered by the detail of my map, and a bit more abstraction works better.

Alas, I will probably not be able to redraw my own map to the style presented by gyldernstern, even though I think it is superior. So I fully endorse his project and hope that he manages to find time and energy to complete it!

And gyldernstern, if you have any need for my source files, just drop me a line.

/Magnus

No comments:

Post a Comment